Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Beginning of a blog life

As this is my first post on my first blog it seems only appropriate to explain the title of this blog and my motivation for entering the world of blog. For the later, the time has just come to begin. There are lessons learned, experiences lived, and topics pondered that I want to share. But really it's because I'm quickly approaching the crossroads between predictable life and the unexpected. I know there have been plenty of surprises, adventures, and Aha moments in my first 24 years, but much of what I do now and in the near future is going to determine the trajectory my life will take for the next 50 years. Basically this is where I'm really gonna make it or blow it, and regardless of which one it is I think it's worth writing about.

As for the name of my blog. I'm going to say "Beating the rat race" is the purpose of life, but in my definition "beating" doesn't just mean to take first place in their race. For me it means beating the race in whatever way I can. At times that means running the race and beating the rats at their own race, but at other times beating them by not even running their race is just as good. At least that's the approach I'm taking as I join this race that I will later look back on as my life. I guess we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful land of blog! You exactly right...a blog is a great vehicle for sharing thoughts, experiences, dislikes, etc. It is also a great way to let off some steam as you can see from some of my more "edgy" blog posts. Keep posting Levi. Reading good blogs is a hobby of mine!

    ReplyDelete